Bioheat® Fuel is a blend of biodiesel and ultra-low sulfur heating oil. Biodiesel is produced from a variety of renewable resources, such as plant oils, animal fats, recycled grease, and even algae, making it one of the most sustainable fuels on the planet.
Bioheat® fuel is a clean and green energy source, with an increasing renewable energy component, and is on a path to a sustainable future. Atlantic & Pacific Oil is proud to deliver Bioheat® fuel to all our customers.
Benefits of Using Bioheat® Fuel
- Bioheat® Fuel produces the same satisfying heat as standard heating oil and performs as well as, if not better than, conventional heating oil.
- Using Bioheat® fuel does not require replacing or modifying your boiler, furnace, fuel storage tank, or other heating equipment.
- Bioheat® Fuel is now being delivered to every home and business in New York State.
- Bioheat Plus® fuel blends containing 20% biodiesel can reduce your home’s carbon emissions by 16.2 percent. Higher blends provide even greater emission reductions.
- The heating industry is working on proving the efficacy of even higher blends of Bioheat® fuel, with the goal of net-zero carbon emissions by 2050.
- The biodiesel in Bioheat® fuel comes from American-made feedstocks like soybean oil, recycled cooking oil and recycled animal fats.
- Bioheat® Fuel has been approved by ASTM International, an organization which sets industry standards for fuels and lubricants, to be used in existing home heating systems.
Bioheat® Fuel vs. Electricity
There’s a lot of talk out there about switching homeowners to electric heat pumps. Our Bioheat® fuel is already lowering our customers’ carbon emissions, without very expensive conversions to electric heat. Before you switch to electric heat pumps, read on:
- Switching to electric ductless min-split heat pumps could cost you more than $20,000; you can use Bioheat® fuel in any oil-fueled system, with no expensive equipment replacements.
- Heat pumps work best in moderate temperatures, but not as well when the thermometer nears zero! Most homeowners who install heat pumps keep their existing oil-fueled system to use when temperatures drop below freezing.
- Most electricity is generated from greenhouse gas-producing coal or natural gas; Bioheat® fuel blends ultra-low sulfur heating oil with renewable biodiesel.
- More homes using electricity for heating will put more strain on the electric distribution grid, leading to more brownouts in summer and winter!
- Using Bioheat® fuel gives you a say in your home comfort. With electric heat you will be at the mercy of ConEd, National Grid or PSEG LI for service and response!
Learn more about Bioheat® fuel at: